Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Take Away My Glue Gun, Please!

     Like most of you, I have mountains of things to do before school starts in a few short weeks.  Lessons to plan, curriculum to revise, book bins to organize.  But what do I find myself doing?  Shopping for materials and creating cute, crafty, completely non-essential projects that just make me happy.  So, someone needs to hide the car keys and take away my glue gun - please!
     I hit the Dollar Tree (again) and found the greatest thing!  I'm sure you've seen these cute little hand pointers in some of the teacher supply catalogs.
    They usually sell for about $15.00 for three, and they're always one of the things that get cut from our wishlist when my team and I sit down to order each year.  Well, they have them at Dollar Tree! (Run over quickly - they just came in on the truck this morning!)  For a dollar each, who could resist?  So I bought some for my whole team and the idea for a little Back-to-School gift was hatched right there in the craft aisle at Dollar Tree.  I picked up a few cheesy vases, some ribbon and some greenery and came home and wrote a little poem.  I now have a cute (yet thrifty) gift to say, "I'm glad I'm working with you this year."  I hope my team (the best team in the world, btw) likes their "handy bouquets!"
     Feel free to use the poem if you're giving a back to school gift to a colleague (you could take off the last verse and it would work for anything...)
Have a great night,





5 comments:

  1. Cute idea! Thanks for sharing the idea! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I'm searching for something for my team now. I always do a little something. I have GOT to go to the Dollar Tree tomorrow pronto!
    :)

    Denise
    Sunny Days In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...way better than the GIANT SIZE chocolate bar that I gave out.
    Reagan

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I've got to check Dollar Tree too!! THANKS for sharing this cute idea,
    Karen :o)
    Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete